The project aims to create novel approaches to contemporary challenges in theoretical and applied ecological and evolutionary biosciences.
Swansea University is a UK top 30 institution for research excellence (Research Excellence Framework 2014) and has been named Welsh University of the Year 2017 by the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide. The Department of Biosciences at Swansea University was ranked 7th in the UK and top in Wales, making Biosciences a great place to get involved in world-leading research. The Department has in the region of 50 PhD students at any given time and embraces students as part of our supportive community of researchers and teachers.
- Application Deadline: January 22, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the Department of Biosciences.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees, plus an annual stipend of £14,553 (in line with the RCUK stipend amount) for 3 years. There will also be £1,000 per annum available for research expenses such as travel, accommodation, field trips and conference attendance.
- Nationality: UK/EU students
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 15 fully funded scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: UK/EU students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants should have (or expect to obtain) a first class honours degree (or equivalent) and/or a distinction at master’s level in ecological biosciences or a closely related discipline.
Due to funding restrictions, this scholarship is available to UK/EU students only.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
How to Apply: To apply please complete and return the following documents to Dr Vivienne Jenkins (pgrsures-at-swansea.ac.uk) using the quote reference COS2:
Student applications will be evaluated against the following criteria:
Literary and Academic attainments (60%)
Demonstrable esteem indicators i.e. ambassadorial skills, instincts and opportunities to demonstrate leadership, experience, and interest in extracurricular and community activities (40%).