We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Location: Niamey, Niger
Under the responsibility of the Regional Program Coordinator and direct supervision of the Regional Accountant, you will perform the basic accounting and financial management functions of the Niger River development Management Project.
You will assist the Regional Accountant in other financial and accounting management tasks for other UGC projects. Vacancy is of local position category, not international. So you will mainly:
- Carry out the entry of account documents on the Tompro Accounting and Financial Management software;
- Verify account documents coming from NFBs (National Focal Bodies);
- Make cash expenditures;
- Write requests for funds renewal and necessary documentation for advance accounts supply;
- Carry out the administrative formalities for obtaining goods and services exemptions in the framework of the Projects implementation;
- Keep records of goods and supplies management;
- Setup and follow-up payment requests;
- Keep records, journals and account documents, as well as detailed computerized accounting; File account documents and carry out monthly bank reconciliation no later than 10.
- Participate in physical end-of-year inventories of fixed assets, stocks of supplies, etc,
- Perform any other duties required by the Regional Accountant in the WSEM and PGBFN project implementation.
- M/F, you hold a 3 -year higher education degree or any other equivalent degree in Accounting, with at least five(s) years’ experience, including 3 years track record in Accounting Projects/World Bank-financed Programs And for other donors.
- Organized, of good character, able to work in a team and under pressure in a multicultural environment, with good analytical and reporting capacities, you are discreet in the execution of your tasks.
- You have a good knowledge of computer and standard software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as accounting software for development projects and you are fluent in French.
- Being able to express yourself and write in English as well as a good command of TOMPRO software would be assets to distinguish candidates having the same grades.
- The initial term of the contract will be (2)years renewable following a satisfactory assessment of performance and’ the favorable opinion of the World Bank.
- The first six (6) months will serve as a probationary period to confirm or not the continuation of the contract.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, CV’s in English and French, with Salary expectations and Photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org