Job Title: Program Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Based in Maiduguri, the Program Coordinator is in charge of the supervision of programs and the local staff related to the programs.
- Part of the Coordination Team
- Coordinating the implementation of the SIF programs in the mission
- Responsible for the quality of the programs.
Operational strategy & Coordination:
- To contribute to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy: context analysis and its evolution, elaboration of problem trees and proposed solutions, needs assessment analysis, proposal of new actions, budgeting and HR dimensioning.
Project Cycle Management:
- To ensure the conception of the projects: needs assessments, baseline survey, and proposal of actions.
- To supervise the implementation of the projects: planning of activities, follow-up of the implementation, collect of sources of verifications.
- To define partnership modalities with the operational partners, be in charge of the partnerships, define and supervise the capacity building plans for the partners.
- Provide leadership and management to the program team.
- Support national staff, ensuring that the individuals work effectively together as a team to achieve the project objectives
- Propose Job descriptions for all new project staff
Supports: Admin, Finance and Log (in cooperation with the Admin Officer and/or the Admin Coordinator)
- To manage the program budgets: regular monitoring of the expenditure states according to the allocated budgets and programmatic forecasts, validation of the expenditures he is responsible for.
- Representation (under HoM request):
- To represent SIF as part of the implementation of activities to operational partners and to the local and regional authorities.
- To attend conferences, coordination meetings, clusters and donors meetings.
- To elaborate presentation projects tools (objectives, methodology, activities, and results) for authorities, donors, partners etc.
- To elaborate activities monthly reports for the Head of Mission
- To elaborate donors reports according to the requested deadlines.
- To elaborate Ad hoc reports: mission, follow-up, survey, training, etc.
- Minimum 1 years of previous experience in humanitarian work,
- Experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- Knowledge and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.)
- leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff)
- Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online