Job Title: Administrative Coordinator (M/F)
Starting date: ASAP
- Based in Maiduguri, the Administration Coordinator M/F is an expert in administrative and/or financial and/or human resources management and will be in charge of a management team, on various bases.
Operational Strategy & Coordination:
- To contribute to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy: context analysis and its evolution, elaboration of problem trees and proposed solutions, needs assessments analysis, proposal of new actions, budgeting and HR dimensioning.
- To be part of the Coordination Team (SMT)
- To participate in the analysis and proposal of solutions for all decisions impacting the mission in general.
- To ensure the correct parameters of the accounting software
- To ensure the accounting, non-accounting and expatriates data entry in the accounting software.
- To define and update the conservation and cash flow procedures (Cash Management) in accordance with the local context, to propose alternatives in case of context evolution, to authorize and organize transfers of funds on the bases.
- To consolidate and validate the cash flow forecast of the mission and send it to the HQ.
Budgetary and Financial Management:
- To elaborate and validate the project budgets.
- To prepare the mission’s annual budget and its analytical reallocation.
- To edit, check and communicate the monthly budgetary follow-up (projection included) to the Coordination Team and to the base admin/coordinators, to question the relevance, alert and support the coordinators.
- To collect payroll variable components (time, advances…) on the base, transmit all the necessary data to the payroll department in the capital and be sure the payroll will be received.
- To supervise the management and follow-up of the welfare benefits received on the base (illness…)
- To follow the working time (days off, time off and overtime), ensure the rules respect and alert Managers if necessary.
- To supervise the staff recruitment according to the mission procedure.
Management – HR:
- To supervise the recruitment of the administrative staff members: elaborate and correct tests, prepare and conduct technical and managerial interviews.
- To manage the administrative teams : briefing, planning, follow-up, management, performance interview, technical capacity buildings, etc.
- To implement the security policy in cooperation with the Head of Mission.
- To participate in the evaluation of the general security, the procedures definition and updating.
Representation (under HoM request):
- To represent SIF as part of the activities to operational partners and to local or regional authorities (ex : registration as employer, social security, immigration, etc.)
- To attend conferences, coordination meetings, clusters and donors meetings.
- To elaborate monthly administration, financial and HR reports for the Head of Mission.
- To elaborate the admin, HR and Financial part of the donors reports according to the deadline requested.
- To inform immediately the Head of Mission of any delay, conflict, problem encountered as part of the activities.
- To propose improvements to the intern reports formats.
- The task list is neither exhaustive nor restrictive and it is evolving.
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Country Director, or Deputy Country Director, or Chief of Party with INGOs in similar context.
- Substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- Extensive experience of securing substantial external funding. Evidence of understanding the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for program management.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.)
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff)
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English (and desirably French)
- Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially World and Excel
- An understanding of and commitment to SiF’s mission and values
- Duration: 4 months
- French fixed term contract “CDD d’usage”
- Remuneration according to profile
- Monthly Per diem, Guesthouse
- Medical cover (60% cover by SIF and 40% covered by the expatriate);
- R&R every at 3 and 9 month
- Return plane ticket supported by SIF for leave at 6 month
Application Closing Date
20th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online