We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant 4 / Entomology Insectary Technician
Req Id: 52786
- Under the supervision of the Entomology Coordinator, the Entomology Insectary Technician manages the insectary.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain the mosquito colony in the insectary.
- Ensure the feeding of lab animals and mosquito colony.
- Ensure and coordinate the cleaning of the insectary.
- Establish regularly the needs required for the insectary.
- Ensure the appropriate storage of equipment and animal food.
- Ensure appropriate records are kept in the laboratory log books.
- Assist with procurement requests related to this activity.
- Adhere to the Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) for these activities.
- Participate in other field activities as required.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Country Technical Manager.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Experience in laboratory or veterinary work for at least six (6) months.
- At least 5 years relevant experience, or: Bachelor’s Degree (desireable) or a Masters Degree.
- Knowledge in computer skills (able to run programs such as Microsoft word, Excel).
- Knowledge of English.
- Experience with laboratory animal rearing is an added advantage.
- (0.5) year of experience and high school diploma OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online