Job Title: Director of Adaptive Management, Analysis, and Evaluation
Requisition Number: 16-0425
Locations: Bauchi and Sokoto
Position Duration: 5 years
Position Start Date: Anticipated Fall 2017.
- The upcoming Nigeria State2State project, funded by USAID, aims to increase the effectiveness, accountability, and transparency of selected state and local governments in Nigeria.
- The program will operate in Bauchi, Sokoto, and at least one other state in the north of Nigeria, and focus on strengthening public financial management and service delivery systems in key sectors such as education, health, and water, sanitation, and hygiene.
- Creative Associates seeks a Director of Adaptive Management, Analysis, and Evaluation for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Nigeria. The Director will oversee a series of assessments which will be conducted in Bauchi, Sokoto, and a third state, synthesize the results of those assessments within a unified framework, contribute to the development and adaptation of the program implementation.
Reporting and Supervision:
- The Director of Adaptive Management, Analysis and Evaluation reports to the Chief of Party. Director will supervise 3-5 managers related to monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, performance reviews and communications.
- Manage the assessments of the governance systems in Sokoto, Bauchi, and a third state, developing parameters for research in coordination with Creative’s management team, and overseeing partners and contractors;
- Synthesize the results of assessments and develop an adaptive management monitoring and evaluation framework;
- Conduct ongoing analysis of program impact with special attention to identifying possible adaptions necessary to take advantage of windows of opportunity and / or to meet ‘do no harm’ concerns;
- Assist in the identification of subject matter experts;
- Contribute to program implementation and monitoring and evaluation strategies;
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree – MA or PhD preferred – in Political Science, Monitoring and Evaluation, Public Administration, Business Administration, Public Policy, Law, or a related field;
- Minimum eight (8) years of related development experience in adaptive management, monitoring and evaluation, research and analysis, good governance, or a related field;
- Expertise in political economy and conflict assessment and mapping, managing complex partnerships and cross-cutting projects, and local, state, and national institutional building;
- Strong experience with coalition building and collaboration with multiple stakeholders, including civil society, and government;
- Demonstrated leadership, management, strategic thinking, analysis, and research experience;
- Able to work effectively and professionally with high-level government officials, civil society organizations (CSOs), donor, project staff, and other beneficiaries;
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated track record of working effectively in a teamwork environment;
- Fluency in English.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working in West Africa and/or Nigeria;
- Proficiency in Hausa; and
- Experience engaging women and marginalized groups to ensure their inclusion.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online