International Medical Corps has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Sokoto and Maiduguri where it is implementing emergency Water, Sanitation, Hygiene (WASH) and Protection programs, and also building capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care. Currently IMC Nigeria has 7 field offices with more than 200 staff with a possibility of further growth.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Human Resource and Administrative Manager
- The Human Resource and Administration Manager is the strategic HR business partner for the Senior Management Team and reports directly to Finance and Administration Director.
- The HR & Admin Manager’s job is to implement HR programs and policies, and to manage every aspect of employee development and relations.
- The main responsibility of this position is to manage recruiting and staffing, performance management, training benefits and compensation administration, organizational development, employee counseling services, administration support to the program.
- Developing an employee-oriented organization culture that emphasizes continuous improvement, team- work, high performance and quality.
- Developing and monitoring the HR strategy for the country, while ensuring its alignment to the country’s strategy.
- Ensuring organization conformity with applicable HR practice related to regulations and statutes as well as organizational procedures and policies.
- Ensuring compliance with Nigerian laws as well as with all IMC compliance and due diligence requirements in the field of Human Resources and Administration
- Implementing HR programs and policies as needed by the organization.
- Identifying, evaluating, and resolving human relations, employee morale, work performance, and organizational productivity concerns.
- Ensuring smooth onboarding and separation for every employee, including ensuring that job descriptions for every position is up-to-date and accurate, ID Cards, performance evaluations and other required processes are implemented on time and to high quality.
- Developing staffing strategies and implementing HR, Admin and IT programs and plans. Identifying and cultivating effective and appropriate sources for employees for all levels, including forward planning for staff development and succession planning.
- Creating employee training and organizational development programs.
- Coordinating performance reviews and management with managers and monitoring employee attitudes, productivity, and performance outcomes.
- Managing the human resource information management system and payroll system and providing staff and managers with the essential reports to support decision making and management.
- Managing employee development and retention.
- Developing compensation plans and providing administration support on employee welfare.
- Insuring that every aspect of human resource management incorporates the vision, values, and culture of the organization.
- Managing the risk management work functions and assisting in developing a healthy and safety programs for staff.
- Directly supervise Senior HR & Admin Officers, HR and Admin Officers and HR and Admin Assistants
- Contributing to the creation of a positive work environment with a positive image and overall credibility of the organization notably through the code of conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regards to internal and external actors.
- Participating as a senior management team member in country management meetings.
- Ensuring that administrative procedures are continually updated and implemented to high quality
- Maintain expatriate legal status for expatriates visiting Nigeria – work permits, visas and passes
- Facilitation of international staff movement – travel and accommodation.
- Ability to develop HR programs and policies based on business new requirements.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience in managing a workforce of over 200 staff.
- Solid problem-solving, decision making and business acumen skills.
- Ability to mentor and supervise staff.
- Ability to negotiate contracts.
- Excellent communicator with ability to speak, write and read the English language.
- Proactive in championing HR matters
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other relevant degree from an accredited university and with at least 5 years’ experience in similar roles, preferably with a non-government organization.
- Affiliation to a HR professional body and a professional HR qualification is highly desirable.
Ethical Conduct for IMC Staff:
- International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of conduct that shall govern the performances of its employees engaged in the award and administration of contracts. No employee, officer, or agent shall participate in the selection, award, or administration of a contract supported /by donor funds if a real or apparent conflict of interest would be involved. Such a conflict would arise when the employee, officer, or agent, any member of his or her immediate family, his or her partner, or an organization which employs or is about to employ any of the parties indicated above, has a financial or other interest in the firm selected for an award. IMC officers, employees, or agents shall neither solicit nor accept gratuities, favors, or anything of monetary value from contractors, or parties to sub-agreements.
- These standards shall provide for disciplinary actions to be applied for violations of such standards by IMC officers, employees, or agents.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
- Other duties as assigned.
- The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s addressed to the “Human Resource Manager”, International Medical Corps via: email@example.com
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Position advertised is a National position.