We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agribusiness Officer
Reporting to: CEO
Overall Job Purpose
- Welcome2Africa International has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth
- At Welcome2Africa we develop a range of initiatives that attract both investees investors and key agribusiness stakeholders across the value chain and around the world. We are seeking an entrepreneurial Agribusiness officer whose primary role will be to lead our agribusiness activities, engagement and also have the capacity to identify and capitalize upon brokerage opportunities.
- The Agribusiness officer will primarily assist in deal execution, from origination and due diligence through to legal documentation and closing, as well as portfolio monitoring and management.
- The Agribusiness Officer will also be a point of contact with our external partners helping to negotiate contracts and monitor working relationships.
- The Agribusiness officer is to be experienced, professional and highly organized and will be used to working in a fast-paced environment.
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and it is a role that is expected to lead to that of ‘Head of Agribusiness Engagement’.
- Researching and identifying and contacting potential agribusiness clients
- Sending and responding to emails
- Sourcing partners and managing communications with partners
- Updating internal agribusiness client databases and managing files efficiently / effectively.
- Creating brochure of agribusinesses for external clients
- Identify and develop viable investment opportunities within our pipeline.
- Develop and build network with those who have a commercial/trade/investment interest in Agribusiness Opportunities In Africa
- Assist with prospective investments/deals, including analysis of eligible investment proposals, undertaking detailed due diligence, applying rigorous analytical techniques, and stress testing business plans to assess investment opportunities, from both a social impact and financial return standpoint;
- Preparation of investment brochure material, presentation documents & material Integrate with contemporaries in target client list
- Represent the company at industry events.
- Must have a good understanding of Africa’s Agribusiness Sector
- Must have some corporate experience
- Must be responsible, reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to use your own initiative is essential you will be required to work with minimal supervision at times
- Must be computer literate as use of databases / IT systems is essential.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are essential.
- Capable and friendly with strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Ability to take over existing matters and hit the ground running.
- The successful candidate must be organized and disciplined and have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Must be mobile and willing to travel within the country and outside of the country
- Must be fluent in English and either Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa (Knowledge of all 3 would be beneficial)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a cover letter of no more than 500 words detailing your suitability and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This job description is not contractual and may be amended or revised from time to time, in accordance with the needs of the business. The job description will be reviewed periodically.