Job Title: System Support Engineer
- The System Support Officer who will serve in a 24hour situation.
- The System Support Officer will uphold expectations set by the Info Tech Supervisor.
- This position requires a versatile candidate.
- The working environment can be stressful and fast paced; the ideal candidate will be motivated and organized.
- At different points in the year the System Support Officer will work odd hours depending on work load.
- It is important that this individual can perform and oversee these duties at varying times of the day.
Duties and Resposibilities
Working within the practice system team, the System Support Officer will play a key role in supporting the users of critical case and the role key area of focus are:
- To provide first line support (remotely) to users of practice systems across the organization, refereeing these to the System Support analyst/Practice System Team manager if they require extensive investigation
- To ensure that emails requesting support/training are correctly categorized in the online support system.
- The role requires you to blend technical and systems knowledge with an understanding of the front line activities and an ability to convey your understanding of the system at an appropriate level to various staff members and teams.
- Responsible to resolve first line support issues (including support calls that require a degree of analysis, investigation and problem solving)
- To record bugs so that they can be reported to systems suppliers and assisting the System Support analyst to complete service request.
- To assist with system training and support (I.e. training events, support visits, super user events) where needed.
- To participate in software testing for new release where required.
- To undertake activities relating to system maintenance and upgrades that are conducted in and out of normal working hour.
- To work with the Practice System Manager to identify and prioritize system enhancements/changes.
- To manage individual tasks/projects as defined and assigned by the practice systems manager
- To undertake any other duties required by practice systems manager
- To provide cover for system support analyst as directed by practice system manager
In order to be considered for this post you will have to demonstrate that you already have:
- Are you looking for a new challenge in an exciting, fast paced industry?
- Do you have a passion for manufacturing?
- Do you have experience managing production in a food industry?
- B.Sc/HND or B. Tech in Information Technology or Computer Science
- 5 -7 years experience in providing support to a team.
- Proficient in tools such as MS Office (Excel and Outlook) and reporting.
- Experience of working with high volume of support calls
- Think creatively and be open to new ways of doing things.
- Be an engaged and positive team member.
- Knowledge of information/database
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the advertised position as the subject.