We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cashier
Start Date: May 2017
Contract Duration: 6 months with a possibility for extension
- In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for qualified staff to support our mission based in Maiduguri.
The cashier will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Responsible for Advance follow up and procedure compliance at Maiduguri level
- Responsible for Excel Book entries according to ACTED Standard entry grid
- Responsible for Cash Counts
- Responsible for payment execution at Maiduguri Level (under the supervision of the Finance Officer).
- Responsible for 1st level of check of Maiduguri Voucher (monthly basis)
- Responsible for filing and photocopying all finance documents at the Area Level.
- Perform other relevant duties
- A Diploma in Business Administration-Accounting or Finance option
- Previous experience as a cashier or accountant desirable
- Knowledge or experience working for an NGO will be considered an advantage;
- A quick learner, Committed and attentive to details
- Strong team player of high integrity and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Good knowledge of excel and word.
ACTED offers a competitive salary based on its Nigerian salary grid.
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover letters explaining why you are qualified for the post both in English with at least 2 reference contacts (e.g. previous employers) to: Nigeria.email@example.com Please state the job title and your name in the email subject line (applications that don’t have this reference will not be considered).