Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor
- The M&E Advisor is responsible for overseeing SACE’s comprehensive and socially inclusive M&E system and providing technical assistance to project CSO partners to improve their internal M&E practices. S/he works with technical staff to oversee M&E data collection and collation through the project’s MIS.
- S/he trains staff and selected partners on M&E system operations and collates databases from technical staff and partners to update the system and perform analyses. S/he directs the project’s knowledge management system.
- The M&E Advisor is responsible for implementation of the performance monitoring plan as well as responding to 1./SAID/Nigeria data requests.
- The M&E Advisor serves as the SACE gender focal point and assesses the extent to which SACE interventions address gender issues. The M&E Advisor supervises the M&E Manager. This is a full-time post base in Abuja.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as social sciences, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or economics.
- 10 years of demonstrated experience in designing, managing, and implementing results- based M&E systems and activities, especially in the context of governance and capacity building programs. Experience in complexity-aware monitoring will be an advantage.
- Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data and have strong IT skills,
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring and evaluation, especially impact evaluation, preferably USA1D systems.
- Experience in training and facilitation.
- Experience setting up and managing management information, records management, and/or knowledge management systems.
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal and in written and oral English.
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with staff implementing and cooperating partners, and relevant CSOs and government agencies.
- Also, must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment.
Application Closing Date
21st April, 2017
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications should comprise a cover letter, a two-page capacity statement that addresses key skills possessed, and a curriculum vitae.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The project strongly encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, and young people meeting the above qualifications.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.