Cummins Inc. – A global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: DFSE-Marine
Req ID: 170001O2 Job Description
Location: Port Harcourt
- Acts as technical liaison between the Cummins field service organization and the Engineering, Quality, & Manufacturing organizations to identify, define, and prioritize complex product issues and to implement solutions. Coaches and mentors less experienced service engineers.
- Identify complex service issues, initiate problem solving, document cost and customer impact information to establish priority for corrective action.
- Lead or manage failure analyses with Field Service, Warranty, and Engineering to communicate and define issues.
- Partners with distributors, dealers and customers to support the investigation of complex escalated product issues, discuss solutions, and conduct training because of complexity, longevity and criticality.
- Support product development teams and problem solving teams via the installation of field test engines or components and the monitoring and reporting of reliability data.
- Participates proactively during reviews to ensure the serviceability of new components and products including the monitoring of new product performance.
- Creates initial publication and subsequent revision of service literature.
- Ensures new information regarding technical solutions and service procedures is communicated to the service organization.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced Service Engineers.
- 7 Step Product Problem Solving Process – Understands the process steps, the expectations for each step, and is able to use the 7-step process to solve a problem. Incorporates Fault Tree Analysis into the process. Has used on-the-job application of the 7-Step Product Problem Solving Process to specific problems.
- Communication – Written And Verbal – Significant experience in written and verbal communication and should be capable of communicating effectively to all levels within and outside the company.
- Data Gathering And Analysis – Capable of selecting and performing the required measurements in a safe manner to determine data quality and to apply predefined applications to raw data sets.
- Field Investigation – Some demonstrated ability to conduct a field investigation including organizing the investigation with field organization and using service tools for diagnosis, analyzing data, and generating a field investigation report.
- Hazard Analysis – Knowledge of hazard analysis and its relevance. Knows when hazard analysis should be applied and uses appropriately as part of work. Understands the underlying principles, techniques, and procedures. Leads Hazardous Analysis reviews.
- Rapid Problem Solving – Consistent demonstrated use of the Rapid Problem solving process and databases. Can coach/train others on process and database. Can identify improvements to the problem solving processes and tools.
- Warranty/Policy Support – Demonstrates knowledge of corporate warranty system and Marketing structure basics to support OEM’s, Distributors, and end user customers to maintain excellent partnerships and relationships.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online