Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant Location:
- Implement nutrition interventions at community level under the direction of the nutrition officer.
- Mobilization and awareness raising about the organization, program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries (at LGA level).
- Diploma in a Nutrition or Community based programming or related field.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- 1 year relevant work experience.
- Experience in the Nutrition and social approach – IYCF a plus.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English.
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy.
- Good team spirit.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with nutrition and health programming.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
- Previous experience with ACF.
- Previous humanitarian programming experience.
- Ability to Speak Hausa, Kanuri.
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: email@example.com
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title in the email subject line, or on the application envelope.
- Applications received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, no phone calls or follow-ups will be entertained.
- Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.