We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Assistant
Location: Monguno, Borno
- To support Health Officer for the effective implementation of the health component of multi-sectoral project, particularly in management of childhood illness and CMAM in Maiduguri, Borno State
- Facilitate Capacity building of the MoH’s staff in State and LGA levels on CMAM and IMNCI.
- To strengthen links and coordination between different departments and authorities i.e. partners, LGAs, SMOH and Hospitals.
- To conduct regular monitoring and supervisions in the respective hospitals in order to ensure the quality of the CMAM In-Patient services.
- Diploma in Science with a major in Nursing, Community Health or Nutrition. 1 year experience in inpatient nutritional treatment essential, IMNCI and CMAM approach.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Previous experiences on CMAM programing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to network effectively with local representatives of international aid organizations for exchange of information
- High level of self-discipline, time management, organization, self-motivated and able to work with little day to day supervisions but meet deadlines and program objectives
- Transparency and adherence to medical codes of conduct and patient, confidentiality and child protection
- Commitment to ACF values and principles.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in working in Northern Nigeria and well integrated into local community
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with ACF
- Previous humanitarian programming experience.
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title in the email subject line, or on the application envelope.
- Applications received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, no phone calls or follow-ups will be entertained.
- Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.