We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Behavior Change and Communication (SBCC) Officer
Tracking Code: 8128
Position Type: Consulting
PATH is seeking a Social Behavior Change and Communication (SBCC) Officer, based in Abuja, Nigeria to provide technical support in implementing a behavior change strategy targeting key populations to increase condom usage as part of a Total Market Approach to condom programming in Nigeria for HIV prevention.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Formative research on end users for the development of the targeted SBCC programming;
- Work with key stakeholders in country to develop a comprehensive demand generation strategy and related guidelines and tools that will facilitate the demand creation for condom use.
- Mobilize social and political support at all levels to create and sustain an enabling environment for the delivery of interventions;
- Conduct capacity building activities to increase the effectiveness of implementing partners and CSOs to implement demand creation programming for condoms among key populations.
- Implement a monitoring and quality assurance plan for program implementation
- Substantial demonstrated experience in HIV prevention targeted to vulnerable populations
- Substantial experience in social and behavior change communication, community development, and training of civil society organizations on HIV/AIDS programming.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and assessing innovative approaches in demand generation programming for HIV prevention.
- Ability to travel 25% of time
- Bachelor’s degree in Health or Social Sciences and 5 – 7 years of experience in implementing social and behavior change communication programs.
- Experience with USAID projects strongly preferred.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Successful candidates will be engaged as consultants initially with the likelihood of converting to employee status contingent on successful project funding.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Nigeria to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements.
- Application materials must be submitted in English. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience.