Job Title: Materials Coord – Nigeria Nationals
Job ID: 2000804
Reports to: The Senior Materials Coordinator or Chief Engineer or Maintenance Supervisor
- Supervises the Assistant Materials Coordinator and ART Materials Trainee.
- Coordinate the rig’s materials requisitions, organize and control the warehouse, and maintain the warehouse inventory levels within established guidelines.
- Ensure warehouse activities are carried out in a safe and prudent manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
Materials and Inventory Control:
- Secure the warehouse at all times and restrict access to non-authorized personnel
- Receive materials into the warehouse stock and issue parts to departments as needed
- Liaise with department heads in the preparation of materials requisitions for all parts and equipment; focus on planning to minimize urgent orders; forward approved requisitions to the shore base office.
- Maintain accurate records of received and outstanding requisitions and cargo manifests. Track the progress of Purchase Orders.
- Maintain adequate stock levels of equipment spares and consumables to facilitate the continuous operation of the unit.
- Prepare periodic reports for the Rig Manager and shore-based Materials Manager as required.
- Perform cyclical inventory of stock and maintain the physical inventory in the warehouse.
- Review regularly obsolete and surplus parts and advise Rig Supervisors for follow up
- Utilize the computerized system to maintain an accurate inventory of all materials stored on the rig.
- Prepare manifest for all equipment dispatched from the rig either by sea or by air.
- Check for discrepancies in materials received against delivery notes and outward manifest. Issue Procurement Incident Report for incorrect items
- Assist department heads in establishing a realistic minimum/maximum warehouse stock of all shut-down or critical items
- Provide Fixed Asset Register information to department heads.
- Ensure all hazardous and non-hazardous wastes are correctly labeled and packaged prior to shipment ashore.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Rig-based work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communication may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates.
- Basic computer skills.
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2014.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Massive Recruitment in a Marine & Aquaculture Company (Over 18 Positions)
- FHI 360 Recruiting Training Coordinator (Abuja) and Technical Officer Clinical Services (Delta)
- Leading Pension Fund administrator recruiting in several positions