We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Director of Rooms
Job Number: 180011FQ
Location: Ikot Ekpene-Ikot
Job Category: Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Brand: Four Points
- Functions as the strategic business leader of the property’s Rooms department.
- Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating the quality of property’s rooms.
- Position works with direct reports to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives.
- The position ensures Rooms operations meet the brand’s standards, targets customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
- Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment to the owner and company.
Core Work Activities
Leading Rooms Team:
- Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.
- Monitors and promotes room rates, specials, and promotions at the residence.
- Analyzes service issues and identifies trends.
- Works with Rooms team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
- Reviews and audits expenses.
Managing Revenue Goals:
- Monitors Rooms operations sales performance against budget.
- Reviews reports and financial statements to determine Rooms operations performance against budget.
- Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy and rate, wages and controllable expenses.
- Compares budgeted wages to actual wages, coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holding team accountable for results.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service:
- Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.
- Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
- Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
- Creates an atmosphere in all Rooms areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
- Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Ensures that employees understand expectations and parameters for Room duties.
- Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Interviews and hires employees.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in Rooms (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change, ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams, and assists with their growth and development plans.
Education and Experience:
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area. OR
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online