We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Housekeeping Manager
Job Number: 180011GL
Location: Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State
Job Category: Housekeeping & Laundry
Brand: Four Points
Position: Type Management
- Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry.
- Directs and works with employees to ensure property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action.
- Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Core Work Activities
Managing Housekeeping Operations:
- Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- Works effectively with the Engineering department on guestroom maintenance needs.
- Supervises the property general cleaning schedule.
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- Assists in the ordering of guestroom supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
- Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Managing Departmental Costs:
- Participates in the management of the department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Participates as needed in the investigation of employee accidents.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online