We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist
- Examining and analysing body fluids and cells to look for bacteria, parasites, and other microorganisms.
- Analyse body fluids or tissues using microscope or automatic analyser to detect abnormalities or diseases.
- Analysing the chemical reactions to determine concentrations of compounds such as blood glucose and cholesterol levels
- Studying the structures and functions of the different types of blood cells.
- Prepare standard solutions or reagents to be combined with samples
- Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment
- Preparing specimens and analysing the chemical and hormonal contents of body fluids.
- Preparing slides of body cells and examining them microscopically for abnormalities that may signal the beginning of a cancerous growth
- Identifying infections and viruses such as hepatitis, AIDS and rubella.
- Relaying results to relevant medical staff, who use the information to diagnose and treat the patient’s illness.
- Keeping accurate records and writing reports.
- Assisting in the production and updating of laboratory documentation, particularly relating to policies and standard operating procedures.
- Maintaining and updating professional knowledge and taking responsibility for continuing professional development (CPD) All other duties as assigned by Management.
- Degree in Laboratory Science (Micro-biology,Chemistry option)
- Membership of professional bodies in Laboratory Science
- Min. 0-2 years’ experience
Application Closing Date
23rd March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org