Job Title: Health Field Officer
Location: Biu, Borno
Contract: 9 months
- Assists Health Delegate in running field activities related to the health program
- Contributes to assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of health programs
- Contributes to continuous assessment and monitoring of health situation in area of responsibility
- In coordination with Health Delegate, networks and maintains contacts with State, local authorities and other humanitarian organizations, National Security, Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) and community leaders
- Participates in field trips; at times may be requested to organize and lead field trip.
- Collects all relevant information in the field for the implementation of the programme and relays it to the health delegate or health coordinator
- Evaluates the health needs, prepares medical support and assists the health activities with close monitoring in the field
- Registered Nurse/Midwife registered with the Nursing & Midwifery council of Nigeria
- Working experience in Public Health in the tropics & in Reproductive Health sector is mandatory
- At least 2 years of experience in working in Nigeria and knowledge of the Nigerian Health System
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Good knowledge of Borno (South) surrounding areas
- Prepared to spend 80% of time doing field visits
- Able to translate local language Hausa and Fulani to English and vice versa
- Knowledge in Data entry and analysis
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Team leadership and good communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative
- Team work and partnership working skills
- Willingness to learn and support others in their learning
- Highly developed analytical, planning and organising skills
Application Closing Date
13th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, Curriculum Vitae, and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate “Health Field Officer BIU” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Late application will not be considered.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.