With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin and Procurement Manager
Location: Abuja with various visits to field offices
- You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.
- Our Program in Nigeria We launched our programs in Nigeria in 2004. Now in 2017, the country program has offices in Abuja, Jos, Maiduguri, and Yola.
- We work with partners in target states of the country to support peaceful resolution of conflict.
- Each program is adapted to specific local context and conflicts, and all apply common ground tools from our toolbox.
- Search has established a permanent presence in Abuja as an operational base and all our Nigeria offices are currently supporting a host of programs with activities that include capacity building, dialogues, peace architecture, media programming, participatory theatre and collaborative joint activities. We are searching for an Admin and Procurement Manager.
Summary of the Role
- The Admin and Procurement Manager has the responsibility to implement, enforce and monitor Search standard operating procedures in administration, logistics, procurement, and security for Search operations in Nigeria.
- S/he contributes to the overall development and attainment of long term strategic objectives of the organisation.
- This role works under the direct supervision of the Country Director and has a dotted reporting line to the Country Finance Manager. The role holder will serve as line manager for Security, procurement, logistics and administration staff, and assists to develop the capacity of the team in all these aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Administration and Logistics Management:
- Ensure that proper administration and logistics systems and procedures are followed in the every office administration and management.
- Strengthen administrative systems – Identify gaps in admin and operational policies, develop and revise the organization’s administration and operations policy on an annual basis, as per leadership and management team (LMT)’s decisions;
- Provide oversight and supervision to admin and logistics staff to ensure smooth functioning of office administration, including office running and maintenance;
- Provide ongoing daily mentoring and guidance to staff in logistics and administration as they develop and implement their own work programs;
- Supervise the management of all insurance claims relating to Search assets, vehicles and legal matters.
- Establishes office management manual and guidelines and manages internal communications
- Supports staff travel including visas, advances, transport, and accommodations needs
- Draw up budgets for all projects and activities, manage spending within budgets, and provide justifications for variances to the Country Finance Manager.
- Liaise with regional teams, ensuring regional priorities and logistics policies and procedures are understood and applied effectively.
- Ensure timely and effective compliance with all government approvals and other accountability mechanisms, and provide a central point of liaison for government.
- Work closely with program team to develop quarterly/annually procurement plans (based on quarterly distribution plans and annual work plan) to ensure timely availability of the products for program activities.
- Supervise the current procurement system to ensure maximum transparency and accountability
- Update the monthly budget estimation and tracking to Finance Department.
- Track and evaluate vendor performance and improvements related to pricing, contractual terms, and/or scope of services.
- Develop and/or update relevant organizational policies, processes and tools to ensure full compliance with Search as well as donor regulations and procedures.
- Supervise the procurement products including IEC materials, promotional items etc.
- Review all contracts (for product and/or service procurement) to ensure quality standards are met, prior to submitting for review and approval as required by Search procedures.
- Supervise monthly stock reconciliation
- Set up/maintain a system for centralized management of all contracts including service contracts and production contracts.
- Review terms of reference to ensure the quality of inputs to be procured
- Work with suppliers/agencies in the selection of the most qualified and cost effective vendors.
- Coach, supervise and support the Procurement Staff on a daily basis
- Work closely with security consultant and senior leadership teams to ensure security strategies for Search Nigeria and that response are appropriate and aligned with regional and global priorities.
- Provide technical advice and support to the Country Director and Head of Offices on security and crisis management issues and their likely impact on Search Nigeria operations.
- Deliver oversight of security prevention, preparation, response and recovery activities, particularly in the North East and to counter threats emerging from changing political, social and economic situations.
- Review minimum-security standards in Nigeria and promote alignment with Search’s Core Security Requirements. Support and advise all Nigerian offices in observing the appropriate security standards in accordance with the country risk rating.
- Candidate should have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Procurement, Logistics or Supply Chain Management. Master’s Degree and Professional qualification in the relevant field is an added advantage.
- At least 7-10 years of professional experience in similar role.
- A minimum of 4 years of managerial experience with a minimum of 5 direct reports.
- Experience on management of donor-funded development projects is required;
- Experience in working with international organizations at least for 5 years.
- Strong working relationship with the Government Institutions and have solid knowledge of the Nigerian Law
- Leadership, supervision, good interpersonal and decision making skills are required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to challenges, work effectively in a cross functional, diverse and busy team environment with minimal supervision.
Note: We are looking to fill this position with the right candidate. Only applicants to be invited for an interview will be contacted.