If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Chief Field Officer, (P-4)
Job Number: 507510
Work Type: Fixed Term
- How can you make a difference?Under the supervision of the Chief, Field Services and overall guidance of the Country Representative, in support to and in close cooperation with the UNICEF Country Office in Abuja, the incumbent is responsible for the coordination, development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a broad range of programmes/projects in the Field Office, Sokoto, focused on achievement of UNICEF’s Organizational priorities
- Knowledge Management for Programmes
- Programme Development and Management
- Optimum Use Of Program Funds
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluations
- Rights-Based and Results-Based Programme Management Approach
- National and Local Capacity Building/Sustainability
- Support strong advocacy with government and non government partners to achieve accelerated results for children through convergence of programmes, community empowerment, increased government accountability and scale-up of programmes.
- Rights Perspective and Advocacy at the National, Community and Family Levels
- Partnership, Coordination and Collaboration
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- An advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines, with specialized training in conflict resolution.
- Eight years of relevant professional work experience at the national and international levels in programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Developing country work experience and background/familiarity coordinating Emergency response.
- Experience in heading a field/zonal office, an asset.
- Experience in remote/isolated conditions is an asset. *Social Policy Experience is an asset for Kaduna post.
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- Leading and Supervising, Formulating Strategies and Concepts, Analyzing, Relating and Networking, Persuading and Influencing, Creating and Innovating.
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants are requested to select their preferred location when completing the application form
- The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
- This is a non-family duty station.
- Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish.
- Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service.