We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer – North East
Reference Number: SCO20117
- Efficiently and effectively manage and coordinate all aspects of Supply Chain for the North East Operations to ensure that all programs and operations have the goods and services needed, when they need them, to best assist those we serve.
Preparation and Planning:
- Consult with Project Managers (PMs), Head of Programing (HOP) and Head of Operations (HOOP) to identify the main types of goods and services that will be needed in near term based on the current portfolio of programs and operations, and use this to conduct regular market assessments of best sources and prices. Maintain a work plan at all times, with input from PMs.
- Proactively consult with peer agencies and private sector to identify new potential suppliers that can be added to our updated Approved Supplier List (ASL), and whenever possible develop relationships with closest source to production or importation, and explore making bundled orders with peer agencies to negotiate better prices and terms based on joint economies of scale.
- Maintains continued working relationship with local suppliers, visits stores and production facilities to ensure contract terms are respected whenever situation warrants.
- Ensure eligibility verification of all new suppliers before adding them to the approved supplier list.
- Keep abreast of any changes in governmental taxes (sales, VAT), duty fees, levies and importation procedures.
- Ensure that all procurement is done efficiently per CRS Policy, the CRS Procurement Manual and consistent with relevant donor requirements.
- Ensure that all actions are governed by the highest standards of ethics, personal and business conduct as stipulated in CRS Policy and the CRS Procurement Manual.
- Suggest any new ideas to improve procurement efficiencies to the HOOP, and update annually the CRS Procurement Manual and support tools.
- Review all Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and verify price target that all specifications and requirements are clear and that all corresponding authorizations have been obtained.
- Ensures that all Requests for Quotations (RFQs) clearly present all specifications and requirements as stated in the PR.
- Receive and review all bids and quotations in accordance with price target and specs, and prepare quotes summary sheet.
- Organize Bid Review Committees (BRC) if needed, and ensure they follow all BRC guidelines as stipulated in the CRS Procurement Manual.
- Ensure the BRC analyzes all bids in a competitive manner and carefully considering all costs and benefits including those not presented on bids explicitly.
- Always negotiate with suppliers regarding price reductions, preferred payment and delivery terms, and shipping options when necessary.
- Ensure that all applicable purchases > $5k complete a Global Procurement Requisition Form to HQ procurement with local pricing information, and if it is determined that the best source is local then make sure to receive a Local Purchase Approval from HQ before preparing a LPO.
- Once all required steps have been completed depending on the value of the procurement, then: make the selection of the best supplier with regard to price, quality and delivery; determine payment and delivery terms; prepare the Purchase Orders (PO); and draw up contracts as needed.
- Ensure that all procurement is processed for all applicable exonerations as established in the Host Country Agreement or through Donor Agreements, and draft any exemption letters for VAT, duty and tax whenever necessary.
Record Keeping and Reporting:
- Ensure proper filling of all procurement documents for recordkeeping and auditing, and maintain orderly files on active orders and post activities such as change notices, scheduling changes and partial shipments.
- Maintain an Approved Supplier List (ASL) with updated information on pricing by goods and services and performance ranking based on recent post-delivery evaluations.
- Creates vendor files with all necessary details by service category (e.g. stationery suppliers, electrical items suppliers, machine suppliers, etc.).
- Track the status of each procurement request and update management and requestors through regular Procurement Status Reports (PSRs).
- Periodically generate an evaluation report on supplier/vendor performance with recommendations based on service delivery/track record (at least every 6 months).
- Coordinate inventorying of new items with the Warehouse Assistant through the Asset Requisition Form
Communication, Coordination and other duties:
- Ensure personnel designated to receive (admin. or logistics) have as much notice as possible of expected delivery of goods and to be ready to prepare fully the Goods Received Note (GRN).
- Provides details of fixed assets procurements (type, quantity, supplier, price, fund/project #, name of partner, etc.) to the personnel responsible for property management.
- As needed and always respecting segregation of duties recommendations, coordinate with the administration or logistics staff personnel assigned to receive procured goods whenever there is a problem encountered with completing their established functions correctly and in a timely manner, as established in the CRS Procurement Manual: 1) verify that the goods and invoices received meet the quantity, price and specifications on the Purchase Order/Contract document; 2) complete a Goods Receiving Note (GRN) for all goods received; 3) inform the requesting personnel and the PO that their goods have been received; 4) enter the goods into inventory, and storage if needed; and 5) submit the GRN and the supplier invoice to the designated non procurement personnel responsible for conducting 3-way matching (invoice, PO, GRN) and payment request processing.
- Following segregation of duty recommendations, work with staff person(s) assigned in admin. or logistics for receiving to resolve any quantity discrepancies between PO and supplier’s delivery note/waybill.
- As needed and always respecting segregation of duties recommendations, communicate with suppliers to return any damaged goods or mis‑ordered goods to suppliers, and ensure substitution or completion of goods ordered if still applicable.
- As needed and always respecting segregation of duties recommendations, coordinate with non-procurement personnel assigned to carry out 3-way matching (invoice, PO, GRN) and payment request processing whenever there is a problem encountered with completing their established functions correctly and in a timely manner, as established in the CRS Procurement Manual to make sure that these tasks are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation of award letters, agreements, memos and letters as needed
- Responds to audit queries in a timely and professional manner when necessary.
- Collects information on price of goods and services whenever needed for budgeting or planning purpose.
- When necessary and within acceptable parameters expedite requisitions and orders to meet urgent operational needs.
- Ensure vigilance against fraudulent activities in all procurement processes and keep up to date with latest guidance for fraud prevention.
- Assist in advancing the use of new technologies and applications to improve procurement process efficiencies.
- Contribute to maintaining teamwork, discipline sound work relationships and productivity.
- Provides support and training on procurement management to CRS staff and partners as found necessary by management.
- Provide coverage for Senior Procurement Officer when required by workload or absence, and perform additional duties as assigned.
- Must be scrupulously honest and always foster an atmosphere of trust and integrity.
- Good computer and ICT skills, fully capable with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and PPT), and experience conducting internet sourcing and price comparisons.
- Demonstrated ability to perform fast, efficient and cost effective procurement service while maintaining the agency’s high standards.
- Experienced, good negotiator.
- Good data analysis skills.
- Committed to always providing highest possible customer service.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and relationship builder.
- When necessary be able to relay ideas and concepts to partners in an accessible manner.
- At a minimum, curious and willing to learn about the technical elements of shelter, water and hygiene programming. Technical expertise is preferred.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- BA/B.Sc Degree in Supply and Purchasing Management or related field such as (Logistics or Administration), from recognized institution.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience is required.
- Membership in a professional purchasing organization preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English.
- Proven ability to prepare reports and maintain complete files and records.
Application Closing Date
26th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form” below, fill the form and send it along with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: email@example.com The position title and location must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number: SCO20117.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.