We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Support Officer
- The person will manage the expectations of the local community in relation to the benefits that will incur due to the development of the Project.
- Furthermore the role is to develop operation in Africa and coordinate appropriate Social Performance activities, including social investment initiatives.
- Liaison between the Project, the Community and the Contractors;
- Responsible to provide a link between local resources and the Contractors;
- Keep the Contractors and the Project attentive to community affairs and any possible dynamics;
- Assist the Contractor’s supervisory staff in the management of workers;
- Report monthly to the Project, and the Community with respect to local involvement targets, training and any other community related benefits.
- Minimum of Diploma. A degree will be preferred;
- Report Writing Skills;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Minimum of five years community relations/community engagement experience;
- Ability to communicate, read and write in English;
- Ability to communicate at all levels;
- Conflict resolution;
- Reliable and accountable.
Special Working Conditions
- Position requires legal residence and right-to-work in the country. WARHI will not provide relocation and/or housing assistance for individual selected for position.
- This position posting does not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description.
- Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, and their education and work experience.
- The employer has the right to revise this posting and/or the job description at any time. Neither this posting nor the job description is a contract for employment.
Application Closing Date
31st Juy, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: careers@WARHI.org Subject line of email should read “Community Support Officer” only; a cover letter, with salary requirements (USD), and resume or CV should be attached.
- Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered as applicants.
- Due to the extremely high volume of resumes, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls in reference to this position will be accepted.