The aim of the bursaries is to enable and encourage academically able students from South Africa.
The Wits University is a remarkable university that is internationally distinguished for its excellent research, high academic standards and commitment to social justice.
Course Level: These bursaries are available to pursue the master degree.
Study Subject: These bursaries are awarded in the following fields:
- Architecture in the field of Sustainable and Energy Efficient Cities (March (SEEC))
- Development Planning
- Built Environment in the field of Housing
- Urban Studies
Scholarship Award: These bursaries will cover the followings:
- Full tuition fee
- Monthly stipend (living
- Expenses including subsistence expenses, accommodation, other costs)
- Travel from home country/ place of origin is covered.
Numbers of Scholarships: Fourteen scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these bursaries:
- South African citizens
- Citizens from other countries in sub-Saharan Africa
- Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications to be granted the scholarship. There is no age limit applying to scholarships for study purposes. However, at the time of the application, no more than 6 years should have passed since an applicant graduated from his/her previous bachelor or master studies. All scholarship applicants must have applied for admission to the relevant degree (as per above list) at Wits University and be in possession of a ‘person number’ which is issued upon application for admission.
Nationality: South African and Sub-Saharan African applicants are eligible for these bursaries.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be graduate.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Once an application for admission into the relevant degree has been submitted, the candidate can proceed to complete the attached bursary application form, providing the ‘person number’ issued by Wits University.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2017.