Job Title: Accountant
Reporting To: CEO
Overall Job Purpose
- Welcome2Africa International has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth.
- At Welcome2Africa we develop a range of initiatives within Africa and outside Africa.
- The overall objective of this position is to be the provider of financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing financial reports.
- You will summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports and substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- You will have a full understanding of Welcome2Africa’s goals, objectives and what we stand for. You will play a pivotal role in cementing W2A as the investment hub for Agribusiness in Africa.
- The financial records of Welcome2Africa is extremely important, and as such all financial transactions should be well documented .
- Therefore, the value of our Accountant cannot be taken lightly. It is the responsibility of the Accountant not just to document transactions, but also recommend unique ways of financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents W2A financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty
- Assist CEO in her financial activities
- Must have a good understanding of Africa’s Agribusiness Sector
- Must have some corporate experience
- Must be responsible, reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to use your own initiative is essential you will be required to work with minimal supervision at times
- Must be computer literate as use of Databases/IT systems is essential.
- Must have Reporting Skills
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are essential.
- Capable of reporting research results.
- Ability to take over existing matters and hit the ground running.
- The successful candidate must be organised and disciplined and have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Must be mobile and willing to travel within the country and outside of the country
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a cover letters of no more than 500 words detailing your suitability and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This job description is not contractual and may be amended or revised from time to time, in accordance with the needs of the business.
- The job description will be reviewed periodically.