We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Executive
Reporting to: CEO
Overall Job Purpose
- Welcome2Africa International has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth.
- At Welcome2Africa we develop a range of initiatives within Africa and outside Africa.
- The overall objective of this position is to be the knowledge hub of the business – essentially you are the eyes, ears and mouth of the business. You will be the source of any insight and knowledge of the business.
- You will source relevant data and use this to create reports and thought leadership articles to be used to enhance the image of the brand. Whilst also create communication materials for that promote our initiatives.
- You will have a full understanding of Welcome2Africa’s goals, objectives and what we stand for. You will play a pivotal role in cementing W2A as the knowledge hub for Agribusiness in Africa.
- The network of Welcome2Africa is extremely important, it is vital that this network is constantly growing.
- Therefore, the value of our Communications Executives cannot be taken lightly. It is the responsibility of the Communications Executives not just create content, but also identify unique ways of increasing our network.
- Plan and direct the organization’s overall communication strategy.
- Responsible for monitoring generic inboxes, web enquiries and database coordination.
- Achieve frequent, timely and positive media coverage across all available media.
- Implement new ideas and methods that will improve external communication.
- Analyse potential strategic partner relationships.
- Maintain effective working relationships with third parties as well as colleagues.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills with ability to multi-task and set priorities with tight timelines.
- Work to positively promote the W2A brand, to build brand credibility and trust.
- Consult with executive management personnel on communication strategies for the organization.
- Also, you will be required to perform these duties, and any other duties the employer may assign to you, having regard to your skills, training and experience.
- Developing a resource hub – a place you collate your sources for content and data – i.e other websites, articles, reports etc.
- Creating a calendar for the next 12 months, identifying 12 key topics of focus that content will be based around
- Creating unique and original monthly reports, articles and analytics relevant for our market and for our own use and circulation
- Identify other institutions and individuals that we should be following and
- Identifying ways to commercialize our content
- Ensuring your own personal profile and everyone in the company is up to standard.
- Assist in internal communications
- Assist CEO in her communication activities
- Must have a good understanding of Africa’s Agribusiness Sector
- Must have some corporate experience
- Must be responsible, reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to use your own initiative is essential you will be required to work with minimal supervision at times
- Must be computer literate as use of databases / IT systems is essential.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are essential.
- Capable and friendly with strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Ability to take over existing matters and hit the ground running.
- The successful candidate must be organised and disciplined and have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Must be mobile and willing to travel within the country and outside of the country
- Must be fluent in English and either Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa (Knowledge of all 3 would be beneficial)
Application Closing Date
Not Specified .
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should their CV’s and cover letter of no more than 500 words detailing your suitability and experience to: email@example.com
- This job description is not contractual and may be amended or revised from time to time, in accordance with the needs of the business.
- The job description will be reviewed periodically