Greensprings School began in 1985 in the heart of Anthony Village, Lagos. Today, we have established another state of the art campus on the Lekki Peninsula in Lagos. The Greensprings Community places great value on character and moral education as well on academics achievements. Our unique education ensures that boys and girls learn in the words of our school song.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Geography Teacher
The Job functions include but are limited to the following:
- Responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability to understand and utilize their knowledge of geography.
- To oversee the provision of relevant and up to date advice and support for pupils as it relates to the subject.
- To co-ordinate the selection and development of appropriate syllabus and courses in line with related resources.
- To maintain full and accurate records of students’ achievements as it relates to the subject.
- Deliver engaging, coherent lectures and motivating lessons to students across key stages.
- Utilize learning technology in the planning and delivery of lessons.
- To keep up to date with curriculum change and reforms.
- Develop lesson plans in line with the curriculum objectives.
- To plan for, provide and maintain the physical resources necessary for learning and the delivery of chosen syllabuses and courses (including for example; books, past papers, file shares, furniture, equipment etc). Where necessary, liaise with other department to achieve this feat.
- To undertake, where appropriate, other roles, which may arise either in the department or in the wider school environment.
- Any other duties relating to the job as required from time to time by the Head of School /Principal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of IGCSE curriculum
- B.Ed in Geography, Geophysics, Geology or any other related discipline. Minimum of Second Class Lower
- Masters or Post Graduate qualification in a related subject is an added advantage
- 3- 5 years professional teaching experience
- Past involvement in extracurricular activities
- High Level of IT literacy
- Capable of delivering inspirational and informative lessons to the students
- Ability to demonstrate a positive and authoritative rapport with all students
- Excellent and effective classroom management skills
- Excellent communication skills to enable effective dialogue with pupils, parents, staff and visitors
- Organised and self-motivated, with a proven record for meeting targets and deadlines
- Have a sharp and progressive vision of the subject and of teaching and learning in a successful and dynamic school
- Ability to perform well and remain professional whilst under pressure
- Dedicated team-player
- Demonstration of strong commitment to personal continuous professional development
- Essential Values, Behaviors and Attitudes.
- Teachers are expected to actively promote and demonstrate the five core values of the school:
- Child centeredness
- The school expects teachers to uphold themselves in a manner that inspires and encourages outstanding behavior within the student body.
- The school reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the school.
- In some circumstances, the job holder may be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities of a similar post in order to support workload peaks and skill shortages to ensure priorities are met.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org