Integrated Research on Disaster Risk (IRDR) is a decade-long research programme co-sponsored by the International Council for Science (ICSU), the International Social Science Council (ISSC), and the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR).
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue research.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the field of disaster risk reduction.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- Link to IRDR network of professionals and practitioners
- Access to IRDR Scientific Committee (SC) for academic support/advice
- Participation in IRDR related training programs (there would be a different selection process for each of the training program)
- A certificate for IRDR Young Scientist upon successful completion
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Age: Less than 40 years on the date of application
- Nationality: There is no bar on nationality
- Affiliation: The candidate needs to be affiliated with an academic program (either master or doctorate) either as a student or as a young faculty.
- Research subject: The subject of research needs to be related to disaster risk reduction and its link to broader environment and development issues.
- Endorsement: must be endorsed by academic supervisor (for the student) or head of the department /graduate school (for the young faculties).
- Duration: Minimum 1 year, and maximum 3 years. The applicant can make their choice, and the final decision will be made by IRDR.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be either master or doctorate.
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Application Form(Young Scientists Programme Application Form)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Detailed Research Plan (10 pages Maximum)
- Recommendation/Endorsement Letter from the Supervisor
- Copy of Student/Faculty ID Card
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2017.