The project seeks to recruit suitable qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Value for Money/Social Return on Investment
Duration: Short term
- The SACE project has currently been operating for over three years. The project has a full-fledged Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) built around the four objectives of the project. Through successive revisions, the project has maintained momentum towards achieving its objectives.
- The project has started recording significant policy and other outcomes. The Performance Management Plan (PMP) however (in line with the contract from USAID) has no measures (objectives or indicators) that seek to measure the ‘value’ of project outcomes (especially in ways that can be described in monetary terms, or other measures of value – eg. social return on investment).
- SACE project requires the services of a qualified consultant to support the project in clearly defining ‘value’ – using VfM /SROI / other established approaches to help determine measures for the project as well as assist in the conduct of an initial ‘value’ analysis as part of a strategy for increasing the relevant capacities within the SACE team for more in-depth and structured analysis and learning, going forward.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum University level degree. Advanced degree in relevant field preferred.
- At least 10 years professional experience, with demonstrated experience in governance, legislative processes and a strong background in M&E, measurement and development work – preferably Nigeria
- Strong conceptual clarity on and experience of successfully using/applying established donor and social enterprise-type frameworks for evaluating value (e.g. DFID’s Value for Money Framework and other frameworks such as SRIO
- Expertise skills in conducting Value for Money/Social Return on Investment support, analysis and evaluations of Governance type work,
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Application Closing Date
28th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com (state position title in the subject box of the- mail).
- Applications should comprise a cover letter, a CV and a two-page capacity statement, addressing the key skills listed in CV.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. The project strongly encourages applications from women, people with disability and young people.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, no follow up e-mails please.