Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Nutrition Program Manager (DPM) the incumbent will be part of the team implementing Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) activities at community level.
- The support will be focus on implementation of porridge mum group activities in selected communities in MMC and Jere.
- Implementation of nutrition activities at the community level.
- Facilitate information exchange and cooperation with all ACF interventions and external stakeholders.
- Assist the deputy PM to work with the logistic and admin departments to plan, procure appropriate supplies and follow up community based activities.
- Formation and Operationalization of Care Groups (CGs) at LGA level.
- Community based assessments, community profiling and community based interventions.
- Coordinate the activities of ACF at LGA level in collaboration with the DPM.
- Bachelor degree in Health, Nutrition, Nursing or related field. Higher level degree preferred.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills with proven ability to translate evaluated results into learning strategies.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Experience in humanitarian PQA or M & E.
- Experience in designing and leading internal and external evaluation.
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
- Familiarity with nutrition, healthcare and systems.
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with food security and livelihoods programming
- Previous experience in CMAM and IYCF programming Previous experience with ACF
- Ability to speak Hausa, Kanuri
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: email@example.com
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title in the email subject line.
- Applications received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, no phone calls or follow-ups will be entertained.
- Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.