Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
Job Reference: 1251
- The Internal Audit Officer manages and executes internal audit activities, coordinates specific processes to support the implementation and execution of the audit plan, monitors compliance, prepares and presents reports on audit findings and recommendations.
- The job holder provides assurance of compliance with statutory requirements, policies and procedures.
- Conduct call over of transactions to ensure efficient management of all advances, verify and call over cash advances/retirement and overtime claims.
- Audit of stations and depots for appropriate documentation, fraud prevention and detection, and efficiency.
- Carry out physical stocktaking and cash count at offices and facilities including the head office, aviation depot and lubes plant.
- Verify assets and reconcile identified errors or irregularitiesReview transaction documents for validity, accuracy and sufficiency.
- Vouch and verify documents and transactions as appropriate to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to TOCA, DOA, and established policies and procedures in transactions, business processes and operations, and statutory requirements.
- Review, monitor and ensure that working fund and petty cash transactions are in line with company policies.
- Ensure compliance with accounting and financial reporting standards.
Assurance and Advisory:
- Identify and report risk management and internal control issues.
- Advice mid to senior level management on risks, internal control and other audit issues; recommend improvement in business processes and practices.
- Provide assurance on PEF transactions and ensure that transactions are a true reflection of haulage bills claimed by transporters.
- Keep up to date with government regulations on claims and ensure adherence in the processing of haulage claims.
- Monitor AQUILA payments to identify irregularities and avoid double payments.
- Monitor and ensure the use of applicable rates by the PEF Unit in the processing of bills.
- Identify improper accounting practices and errors in reporting or documentation.
- Review transactions posted into the general ledger for correctness, accuracy and adequacy of supporting documents.
- Review and ensure consistency in posting of transactions in SAP; report any anomaly, irregularity or error for correction.
- Document and provide comprehensive reports on audits, findings and other assignment.
- Provide periodic or ad-hoc reports as required, for the chief internal auditor, management and executives.
- Undertake other assigned duties commensurate with the post.
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting or a related discipline.
- Professional Accounting or Auditing certification is an added advantage e.g. ICAN, CNA, ACCA, AIA, CISA is added advantage.
- Financial Accounting, including inventory and cash management.
- Audit principles, standards, practices and procedures.
- Business acumen.
- Risk management.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Report Writing.
- Minimum of 4 years progressive experience in accounting and auditing.
- Ethics and Integrity.
- Attentive to details & thorough.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Physically fit.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online