The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s headquarters in Abuja:
Job Title: Farm Supervisor
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Supervise land preparation (mowing ridging, harrowing etc.) within IITA and offsite stations.
- Jointly attend to and educate students, farmers, and other bodies during excursions to IITA with the Visitors Assistant.
- Assist in driving IITA trucks to and frooffsite stations to convey tractors, equipment and implements.
- Supervise operators on the use and maintenance of tractors and implements.
- Coordinate the multiplication of all IITA mandate varieties including cover crops.
- Initiate the establishment of irrigation facilities in Abuja station.
- Supervise planting and harvesting of cover crops.
- Assist in the management of the entire Abuja Farm to international standard.
- Train the trainers on tractorization.
- Perform any other farm duties as may be assigned by the Head of Station.
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in General Agriculture or Agricultural Engineering or any other Agricultural Extension related discipline with at least 3years working experience preferably in a very large farm.
The ideal candidate must have:
- The ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks effectively.
- A good knowledge of Agronomy and/or Farm Management.
- The ability to work with little or no supervision under pressure in agricultural working environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- The ability to drive IITA’searthmoving equipment and vehicles with a valid Driver’s license.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.