The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s headquarters in Abuja:
Job Title: Facility Management Assistant
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Work as part of the operations team, providing support across the organization, specifically assisting with facilities maintenance and premises management;
- Participate in the day-to-day procurement, and management of contractors;
- Assist the Station Administrator on major tasks relating to the premises and facilities;
- Report and replace/repair all damaged assets.
- Participate in preparing draft proposals for construction and alterations work including construction drawings,
- Coordinate with contractors performing construction and alteration work to ensure that quality of services performed by the contractors is in accordance with set terms and conditions.
- Minimum of B.Tech/HND Mechanical, Civil or Agricultural Engineering or any other related discipline with at least 2 years working experience in a structured environment.
The ideal candidate must have:
- The ability to manage multiple priority tasks effectively;
- The ability to work with little or no supervision under pressure in an agricultural working environment;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong computer skills;
- Prepare and write requisitions for purchase of equipment, material, spares, etc.; support the Procurement Committee to review and evaluate offers and coordinate with FMS and Supply Chain to ensure that jobs are carried out accordingly;
- Perform any other duties, properly assigned by the supervisor.
- Ability to drive IITA earthmoving equipment and vehicles using a valid Driver’s license.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.