The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s headquarters in Ibadan:
Job Title: Treasury Accounting Technician (Foreign Payment)
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Handle blank cheques during working hours and also write cheques;
- Keep bank book records and reconcile bank statements, and statements of accounts of Suppliers;
- Initiate letters of funds transfer, give notice of remittance of funds transfer to payees and respond to enquiries on funds transfer and payments;
- Assist in the reconciliation of accounts from IITA Limited (UK); collate foreign suppliers’ cheques and mailing through IITA Limited;
- Respond to Internal/External Auditors’ queries on payment to suppliers;
- Handle Oracle AP and GL responsibilities and carry out data entry activities;
- Assist in updating cheques register;
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- OND in Accounting or related field with 4 years’ experience performing similar role. Possession of ICAN certificate is an added advantage.
- Must be friendly, agile and hardworking.
- Must be honest, trustworthy, articulate and be able to work under pressure.
- Conversant with the use of Oracle Financial application will be an added advenatage.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
25th April 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.