Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head – Alternative Investments
Job ID: 22458
Location: Lagos Island
- The main purpose of the role is to identify, introduce and close new investor opportunities for our Alternative Investment segment in Nigeria, across Africa and internationally.
- The Fund Manager will also be responsible for the effective management of clients’ investments in alternative assets by developing investment policies and strategies in line with the client’s investment objectives and risk profile while taking into consideration market and economic conditions in order to maximize returns.
- Primary responsibility is to ensure that SIAML becomes the market leader in Alternative Investment in Nigeria.
- Responsible for the effective management of alternative investment Funds in order to maximize returns thereby generating fee income for the company.
- Develop and implement investment policies and strategies in line with Funds’ investment objectives and risk profile while taking into consideration market and economic conditions.
- Develop and implement new alternative investment products
- Define, measure and grow investor accounts
- Grow and maintain alternative investors
- Foster and build relationships with hedge fund and private equity investors while maintaining existing accounts
- Develop expertise in investment needs and objectives of institutional and private investors
- Manages multiple levels of capital raising life cycle including identification, qualification, discovery, prospecting, close.
- Periodic review of the Funds at the Investment Committee meeting for effective management and rebalancing of the Fund/portfolios where necessary.
- Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly status reports on Funds’ performance for effective monitoring of the performance vis-à-vis the stipulated benchmark.
Key Performance Measures:
Deployment of innovative solutions within Alternative Investment space.
- Competition analysis with respect to SIAML’s Alternative Investment funds.
- Excellent service delivery to clients under management through prompt execution of client’s instructions as well as other requests related to their portfolio.
- Improved Return on Investment for the customers in order to increase the value of fee income generated on portfolios by the company (i.e. out performance of strategic benchmarks).
- Quantifiable growth in market share of the Alternative Investment industry in Nigeria from c. 1% to c. 10% by the end of 2017 (market share is derived from total assets under management of ETF’s, Infrastructure Funds and REITS as at 02 December 2016).
- Compliance with risk management policies in order effectively manage risk and prevent loss inducing errors or brand equity erosion
- Develop effective back up in the absence of responsible Fund Manager
- Provide error-free information and Reports on clients’ portfolio.
- Send out reports on portfolio performance to clients quarterly for timely reporting
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- University Degree in Social Sciences/Finance
- Certified Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA)/ Certified Financial Analyst an added advantage
- Second Degree or Advanced/Professional Qualification in Business/Finance disciplines (Advantage)
- Understanding of alternative investments, portfolio management, interpretation/analysis of financial statements, research capabilities for Macro-economic and industry analysis, quantitative analysis, fixed income investments and alternative investments
- Minimum of 4-6 years in Fund Management with prior experience in Alternative Investments.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in alternative investment space with experience in setting up of Funds, raising funds and successfully exiting multiple deals
- Experience across multiple segments regarding Alternative Investment areas of interest
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online