Aquarian Consult Limited – Our client, MRS is an African conglomerate in diverse activities, yet focused on capturing the entire value chain in oil trading, shipping, storage, distribution and retailing.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Office Manager
Department: Admin Department
Grade: Senior Officer
Reports to: GM – HR
Internal Working Relationships: All Staff and Management
Supervises: External Working Relationships: Vendors
- The Office Manager is responsible for managing the general administration of the office, facilities management, liaising with all stakeholders including office visitors, external vendors and internal staff to ensure effective running of the office.
- Serves as the point of contact for office management duties including mailing correspondences, supplies
- Plan and coordinate store and housekeeping operations
- Provide filing and retrieval systems; ensure adequate record keeping of company assets, usage, deployment, maintenance etc.
- Provide office supplies by liaising with departmental heads and relevant officers to ascertain departmental requirements
- establishing policies, procedures, and work schedules
- Develop and manage the office budget.
- Organize meetings and other events; organize meeting rooms and other resources/requirements
Facility & Asset Management:
- Control and manage the use of various assets; supervise deployment and usage of company assets as approved by Management
- Oversee and ensure timely and effective maintenance of the company facility and assets
- Manage the office facility to ensure good working condition for staff
Compliance & Advisory:
- Develop and ensure compliance with the plan and schedule for the maintenance of all equipment and facilities within the company premises
- Advise management on all issues regarding request and approvals for services and cost limits for eligible staff. e.g. phone credits limits.
- Recommend cost saving methods to improve administrative efficiency across departments
- Develop and implement supporting policies and procedures for efficient administration across the organization; monitor and ensure compliance
- Prepare periodic and ad-reports for GM – HR as required
- Negotiate with vendors and external suppliers to secure the best service deals
- Liaises with vendors on effective service delivery and smooth operations; monitor performance to ensure delivery in line with agreements
- Ensure timely payment of bills as approved
- Budget Management: Actual to Budget Cost
- Admin expense per employee
- Turnaround time; timely performance of scheduled maintenance and related activities; timely completion of projects and tasks assigned
- Service quality
- Availability of office supplies
- Availability and reliability of equipment; equipment downtime
- B.Sc in Administration or a related discipline
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
Knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of standard office administration practices and procedures including filing and record keeping, stock keeping, procurement and correspondence
- Analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills, for efficient resource allocation
- Relationship Management
- Basic Financial Management
- Organization and time management skills with ability to work within tight deadlines
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a related role
- Proactive, Resilient; Goal-driven; Attentive to details
Physical & Other Requirements:
- Occasional travel may be required
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV’s (PDF format) to: email@example.com with the position title as the subject.
Note: Applicants must be a resident of Abuja.