Job Title: CSO Strengthening Advisor
Ref No: ISA 01
Job Type: Full Time
- The project now seeks to hire a CSO Institutional Strengthening Advisor to strengthen the work using the STAR Methodology to build the capacities of partners.
- Working with the project’s key technical partner, Root Change, and the existing project team the post-holder will be responsible for overseeing technical application ofthe range of tools in the STAR methodology, providing ‘deep’ coaching and strategic and technical analysis of the results of the STAR.
- S/he will be responsible for working with Root Change to refine and devise training in support of the elements related to the STAR Suite as well as supporting other training and capacity building activities for CSO coalitions, networks and BMOs, working with the Capacity Building and Partnerships Advisor.
- This is a full time post based in Abuja.
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as social sciences, law or development studies and preferably have a relevant post-graduate qualification.
- S/he must have at least seven (7) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of organizational and institutional capacity building in the context of development projects and of working with civil society organizations and networks, coalitions, alliances and/or clusters on governance issues.
- The candidate will have a sound understanding of Gender and Social Inclusion as well as prior training, facilitation and, ideally, coaching and mentoring skills. With strong analytical skills, s/he will have the ability to understand and interpret data using sound methodological approaches and manipulation of statistical data.
- Sound IT skills with an ability to develop graphical information to aid understanding and interpretation.
- S/he must have excellent communication skills, including interpersonal and in written and oral English.
- The project wiltprovide training on the STAR Methodology.
Application Closing Date
11th December, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter/CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org (put Ref No ISA 01 in the Subject box of the e-mail). Applications should comprise a cover letter, a two-page capacity statement, addressing the key skills identified and curriculum vitae.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The project is keen to encourage applications from women, people with disability and young people.
- Only shortlisted applicants will communicated with.